Sunday, September 23, 2018

Italian summer

It's still pretty warm in Italy, today with peaks of more than 30 degrees. I therefore decided to print a bladeless fan for my desk to enjoy a small breeze.


As usual I used Openscad and Ultimaker Cura. To save time I re-used an existing design for the pipe, while I redesigned the fan holder to accomodate both a propeller-like fan, and a common PC fan.

The print of the Dyson Propeller, with a motor I had as a kid.


 I did not opt for this solution, as it seemed less powerful and noisier than with a simple PC fan.


Both boxes have space for the fan and leave 6 mm for an air filter, which I will be adding later on.

In the next days I am expecting a SDS011 Air quality filter, along with a esp8266 MCU with WiFi. I expect to then use PWM to control the fan, as based on the quality level collected from the sensor. So stay tuned!


The designs are available at the links below:

No comments:

Post a Comment